Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Leaving Home


Just got through security at RDU, and said goodbye to my parents. It turned out to be a lot harder to say goodbye than I thought. Now I'm sitting at gate C3 waiting for my plane to Washington Dulles to board. I've flown by myself before, so that part isn't a big deal, but here I am getting ready to get on a plane to fly over the Atlantic by myself. That's scary. It wasn't until I got through security that it became such a daunting task. But now, I really am doing this. I'm moving over to Italy for ayear. I've said goodbye to all of my friends and family, and have packed my entire life into two suitcases. Thinking about it tat way, my life weights 77 pounds.

All my stuff!

Before I left today, I had one last southern meal, filled with bbq, slaw, brunswick stew and of course, sweet tea. I'll be missing the sweet tea, but I'm sure all the wine will make up for it. And I'm not looking forward to the airplane food. Yuck. Well, their making the preboarding announcements, so good luck to me and buon viaggio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home